Sunday, October 30, 2011

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

I have definitely watched more baseball in the last three weeks than I have in the last three years. It's been so much fun following the Cardinals and rooting them on to their World Series championship. My husband, I think, is grateful that it's over as he has wondered what's happened to his wife who is suddenly obsessed with baseball players instead of boy-band members and talks about game stats instead of recipes. Don't get me wrong, I have always had my favorite teams but typically watch sporadically at best and then always seem to get really into sports when they get exciting. But alas, this weekend hasn't just been about baseball...

Joe and I went to South Bend, IN to see the Notre Dame/Navy game. We bid on the tickets months ago at a charity event and Saturday was the big game. It's one of those historical places that I've heard about my entire life and seen in movies (Rudy, anyone?) and yet I never really figured I'd ever see the place. But now it's just a couple hours away.

We got there a few hours early to enjoy the campus, see the basilica and eat a steak sandwich in the Quad. Notre Dame clobbered Navy so it was another win for the team I was rooting for.

1 comments:

prettykitty03 said...

What a cute picture! And what a great weekend!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com