Thursday, November 04, 2010

What a week

It has been quite a week. It started first thing Monday morning for me with some very intense pain that I have never felt before (and hope to never feel again). Joe took me to urgent care when I told him matter-of-factly that I did not need to go to the emergency room. Well, I got my very first ambulance ride on Monday when the urgent care clinic around the corner from where we live, sent me straight to the hospital. Hearing the sirens as the ambulance pulled up and knowing that it was there for me was not a good feeling. After I got to the ER, I had a few tests done, including a CT scan, which confirmed that I had a kidney stone. The scariest part was not knowing what was wrong so when Joe and I got the news "kidney stone," I think we were both very relieved and happy to hear it. (Yes, happy, as weird as that sounds.) After lots of really powerful medicine, I was sent home to wait it out...where I am still waiting it out. Sigh.

On election night we found out that an issue Joe had been working on for several months had passed. What a relief after so many months of hard work!

We were hoping to go away somewhere this weekend just to regroup after being so busy lately but I have a feeling we may be having a staycation instead depending on how I'm feeling...stay tuned.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com