Sunday, August 07, 2011

Weekend Adventures

Joe and I are home now after our weekend away. Rather than pick up the house and start laundry, I thought I'd share more about our trip. (That sounds like more fun, right?) Friday night we saw a really great magician. I always loved watching magic as a kid and, as an adult, I still love it. You can see on the link a few of the tricks we saw in person. We were sitting in the second row and I still have absolutely no idea how he did these tricks. Below are some more pictures from our trip.
Downtown Galena. Lots of shopping and options for eating. We had a couple of great Italian meals.
In one store, Joe and I spotted these candy cigarettes in an old cigarette vending machine. A sign on the machine stated that you could pull the knob and take the candy to the register to pay. I think we were both a little surprised to see the machine and the candy cigarettes displayed but I remember buying these at the dime store as a kid and smoking eating them.

On Friday we toured President Ulysses S. Grant's Galena home. So much for my history knowledge as I hadn't even realized President Grant ever lived in Illinois before planning this trip.

1 comments:

Judith said...

Looked like a great get-away spot for the two of you--& what a nostalgia kick w/the candy cigs! 8-)
Thanks for sharing...

 
designed by suckmylolly.com