Saturday, January 23, 2010

I might be crazy

Today my husband invited me to hang out with him and a couple of his friends. They were going to a record shop (vinyl only) and then out for hot dogs. I declined. I just didn't think it sounded like a very "Amy" afternoon. And, besides, I had some studying to do. After much persuading, I finally decided to go. After the record shop we went to Hot Dougs. It is a true Chicago experience but we almost skipped it entirely when we noticed the line went around the block. It was cold outside and I wasn't wearing my heaviest coat. I stood in line with the guys and then I sat in the car for awhile and then I stood in line some more. Finally, we made it inside - a full hour and forty minutes later! After that wait, I wasn't going to just have one hot dog so I had a corn dog and a chili cheese dog. My husband had Chicago dog and a bacon cheddar elk sausage dog. We also had duck fat fries. I am not sure about the hour and forty wait but it was a fun experience. And it's true - I ate today at a place known as the "sausage superstore and encased meat emporium." Nice.

3 comments:

Alison said...

You should have called me! You were literally a mile from my house. =)

Amy said...

I new we were on the north side of town but had no idea it was that close to your house. Goes to show you that I still need to learn my Chicago neighborhoods.

Alison said...

That's exactly what I was thinking when I wrote my comment. =)

 
designed by suckmylolly.com