Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful, Day Three

Joe and I started our third day in DC by visiting the US Holocaust Memorial Museum. I vividly remember watching a news special on tv about the US Holocaust Memorial Museum before it opened to the public. Even though the museum opened in 1993 and eighteen years have passed since I watched that story about the museum, it has never left my mind. For obvious reasons, they don't allow photography in the museum but my experience there will never be forgotten. It's a place that everyone should visit if given the opportunity.

We then headed to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. I think since a lot of people were off work and kids were out of school, this museum was especially crowded...and there were screaming children everywhere. We didn't last too long before calling it a day but we did see a few things.

The Hope Diamond which is temporarily set in a gaudy Harry Winston setting to celebrate the anniversary of the donation to the Smithsonian.
African Elephant in the middle of the museum.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com