Friday, June 08, 2012

My Wild and Crazy Week

Baptism by fire. I've had multiple colleagues say this phrase to me this week. I have been at my job for two months and this week I have logged 55 hours so far. I say "so far" because I am also working tomorrow (Saturday), kindly turned down working Sunday and, to start next week, am looking at a 16-hour day on Monday. I am sleep deprived. Mentally and physically tired. And I somehow managed to invite company over for dinner tomorrow night before I realized I would be running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I also very wisely volunteered to make a meal and deliver it to another family on Sunday. Thankfully for me, my husband ran some errands today, went to the store with me after I left work tonight and has volunteered to clean the house tomorrow. I love being back in the saddle again but after living life as a student/housewife for the past few years I am especially not used to this craziness. I know things will quiet down soon enough but until then, chances are, I need some more caffeine.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com