Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Oh no he didn't...

I gathered with a group of friends last night on Memorial Day for dinner and good company and was honored with the following story. A friend of mine (who will go nameless) had a third date last week which went terribly wrong. The first two dates were great. She said she thought they were really connecting and then the third date came. He did all of the following things:
- Made a remark that sounded to be racist
- Parked in a handicapped spot
-Went to the bathroom at her house with the door open
-And told her that he wanted to “take her to bed”

This left my friends and I wondering, what is wrong with men? We all rehashed what the next date could be like (if, hypothetically, there was to be a next date). We imagined kicking puppies and a variety of other very politically incorrect scenarios.

This brought up a memory of my own. Once upon a time, many, many years ago, I ran into an old acquaintance. We spent a good time talking and reminiscing before he asked me for my phone number and out on a date. I gave him my phone number. The next day, the VERY next day, his engagement announcement was in the newspaper. He still called to ask me out.

How about you? I’m challenging all my fellow bloggers to recall a dating horror story. Maybe it didn’t happen to you but maybe instead it happened to a friend.

4 comments:

Monica said...

I once went on a blind date and met the guy at a restaurant. He had 4 buddies sitting at the bar. Idiot.

Another time I met a guy (blind date) at a restaurant and while we were having dinner I noticed a smell. At first I was horrified because I thought it was me. Um, nope, not me! It was him!

Nichole said...

I haven't been on a date with anyone other than Alex since high school. And all of my dates then consisted of going to the movies. And nothing else.

I can't believe he left the door open when he went to the bathroom. That's insane. I think she should go out with him again just to see if he does kick a puppy or drop kick his grandma.

Alison said...

Ummm...wow...I'm pretty sure that goes down as THE WORST date in history. I, too have had some doosies...one went off about how 'those arab-americans shouldn't complain about racism- their people bombed the twin towers,' and various other 'debbie downers.' I usually just get hit on by bizarre and extremely creepy people. Remember the bizarro military man in Quincy at O'Griffs, who kept wanting "to hold my drink", and I finally asked him if he would leave? Then there was the random guy on the street who asked if he could come home with me. My response was to yell, "Has that EVER worked for you? Has a woman EVER been swept off her feet and taken you home to 'bed her?" And yes, I used the finger quotation marks on that one.

Kimmy said...

Ok...are you sure you want to go there with me? And I know you are aware of my "Worst Date Ever." And how no one, yet, can top me. But...you also know I can't list it because of subject matter.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com