Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sunny San Diego

Part II
I got home at 2:30 this morning so I'm tired but I had a wonderful time. First of all, it wasn't "Sunny" San Diego. May is known as May Fog and June is known as June Gloom. Even still, the view of San Diego is amazing. Thursday I traveled with Marcia and Diane (for those of you who don't know, Diane is Jodi's aunt and she and Marcia have practically adopted me as a niece since I've been in Columbia) to California and we arrived just in time for the Bachelorette Party. Friday we went to Coronado for sightseeing and we went shopping in San Diego at Horton Plaza (I did some serious damage at Baby Gap) before heading to Jodi's dad's house for the rehearsal dinner. Saturday we went to Seaport Village before the wedding. The wedding, by the way, was super fun (and a little emotional - everyone around me was crying). Sunday we hung out at Balboa Park before having an amazing seafood dinner with Jodi's family. I took so many pictures but below are just some fun highlights.

The wedding cake was tiramisu. And don't you just love this very nontraditional cake topper?

This was just one view of our hotel. When we pulled up I thought there'd been a terrible mistake and it was actually closed. Unfortunately, I was wrong. It was open. Open and under MAJOR renovations. We nicknamed the hotel, The Bates Motel. I tried to convince myself that early-morning hammering wasn't so bad and maybe it was kind of like a lullaby...that didn't work either.


Our hotel was in Little Italy. Guess where we ate every day?


Jodi and Brendon. I can't believe how grown-up Brendon is now. He's so smart and told us how excited he was that his mom was marrying Brian. Jodi definately has her son's seal of approval.


The happy couple. I loved the brown tuxedos especially with the pink bridesmaids dresses. Also, Jodi's stepdad Ralph officiated the ceremony after becoming certified online and Brendon helped walk Jodi down the aisle.



Brendon and I before the rehearsal dinner. When Brendon came home from school and saw me, his face lit up and he gave me the biggest hug and kiss ever. My heart melted.
Jodi and I at the Bachelorette Party. Jodi sang karyoke and did the best rendition ever of Sweet Child of Mine. Trust me, Axl Rose has nothing on her.
Brendon at Balboa Park.
The famous Hotel del Coronado. I loved this place!
A much better view from our hotel.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time! Jodi looked beautiful and very happy! Can't wait to see more pics!

Sandi said...

It looks like you had a great time. So glad!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com