Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pizza Saturday


Joe, Terrie and Kirk at Burt's Place
About a year ago, I saw an interesting little pizza place featured on a local food show. Little did I know at the time, it was also featured on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations (video above). It's been on our list of things to do for awhile so Saturday night, along with Terrie and Kirk, we finally made the trek to Morton Grove to check it out.

It's unlike any restaurant I've ever been to before. Not only do you need to make a reservation in advance, you also need to pre-order. So ten days earlier, I called in our order (right down to the salad and appetizers) and then was given a time to show up. When we showed up, our food was waiting for us.

I was a little skeptical about all the pre-planning and some of the mixed reviews I read but the pizza really was excellent! A little far for us to easily venture to again but I am so glad we checked it out - another true Chicago experience.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com