Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Paris: Day 4

One of the things on my "must-do in my lifetime list" has always been to go to Paris and visit the Louvre. Today was the day I finally got to mark it off my list.

After a very pleasant walk through Tuileries Garden we made our way to the Louvre.

On the escalator entering the Louvre!

Joe at the Louvre with Winged Victory behind him.

The Venus de Milo.

A very tender moment we encountered at the Louvre.

Part of the Napoleon apartments at the Louvre. Suprisingly, one of our favorite parts of our museum visit. The opulence reminded us very much of our visit to Versailles.

The Mona Lisa! This was the only piece of artwork I noticed behind glass in the museum.

After walking and walking and walking at the museum, we grabbed a quick bite from a street vendor and jumped on the hop on hop off bus. We needed a break! This also happened to be a very sunny and beautiful day and I am still paying for my sunburn. You'd think I would learn by now but when I looked at the weather report I didn't think I would have a problem during our visit.

We then made it to the Arc de Triomphe. We did a lot of walking and stairs at the Louvre. By the time we made it here and had to climb 284 stairs to the top of the Arc de Triomphe I wanted to die. Joe even took pictures of me resting to prove it! I will not post them here but let's just say that stair climb could be heart attack-inducing.

Good thing the view was worth all those stairs.

Our final stop of the day was to Boucherie Rouliere for dinner. It came as a recommendation from Terrie and Kirk and was a great meal.

1 comments:

Nichole said...

I love the picture of you at the Louvre! I remember the walk to the top of the Arc de Triomphe. Brutal. Your photos have made me want to book a flight to Paris maintenant!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com