Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Paris: Day 5

After four days of sightseeing, our last full day in Paris was a lot less structured and relaxing. It was also one of our favorite days.

First we visited Sainte Chapelle. This little chapel from the 1200s was one of the most magnificent places I've ever visited.

When I first walked up the stairs and into the chapel, the many stained glass windows took my breath away.

Joe called it a little jewel box. I think he was correct.

Saint Michel Fountain.

We had a leisurely 2+ hour lunch outside at Les Deux Magots. Also frequented by Hemingway, Picasso and Julia Child.

Some shopping and browsing in the Latin Quarter.

Finally back to the Eiffel Tower for dinner at Le Jules Verne. One of my favorite parts was the private elevator ride up to the restaurant. Much less scary than our first elevator ride to the top.

My Brittany lobster.
Joe and I at dinner - ready to eat souffles!


After dinner we stuck around to see the light show at the Eiffel Tower. Every evening, past dark, on the hour the Tower lights twinkle for a few minutes. It was a beautiful sight to see.


1 comments:

Laura said...

What a wonderful, wonderful time! I love your photos!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com