Saturday, July 12, 2014

Michigan, Day 2: Mackinac Island

Many years ago, a coworker told me all about her trip to an island where she biked around because they didn't allow cars. I have long since been intrigued by Mackinac Island (pronounced Mak-in-aw) where no cars are allowed and visitors, as well as locals, rely on walking, biking or using horses to get around. I'm so glad we were able to visit this beautiful place. The biggest downside was how touristy and busy it was during the day. I think Joe and I were both hoping it would be quieter and less crowded.


Claudia's first boat ride on the ferry to Mackinac.

Taking in the new sights, sounds and smells of downtown. And when I say smells, I'm really talking about the 15 fudge shops. 

Our hotel - Main Street Inn and Suites. We loved it!! Best part of our trip. We had the honeymoon suite. 

Breathtaking view with Mackinac Bridge in the background.

Little Stone Church - one of the many little churches on the island. 


0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com