Sunday, October 14, 2007

Seriously, people...

I went to the restroom at Barnes & Noble yesterday. The lady in the bathroom stall next to me had her small son in there and they were both talking to her husband (the boy's father) very loudly on speaker phone. Can you not wait to initiate or answer a phone call until you are out of the public restroom? And even worse, you do it on speaker phone so that everyone can be part of your conversation. I felt so awkward, as if I were actually the one intruding upon them, and then I was scared to flush the toilet for fear it would interupt their conversation. Below is a fraction of what was actually said:

Mom: Tell daddy what shirt you're wearing today.
Boy: Wex
Mom: He's wearing his t-rex shirt.
Boy: Flush.
Dad: What did he say?
Mom: Oh, he said, "flush." We're in the bathroom at Barnes & Noble and he wants to flush the toilet.
Dad: (dead silence)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that drives me nuts!

Tiffany said...

How funny! I could not imagine doing that. I am always afraid that my phone will ring while I am in the bathroom. How embarrassing!

Monica said...

I only wish I could have been there and have had explosive diarrhea. There's never a good time to have diarrhea, but then it would have been awesome.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com