Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Really important stuff

I grew up under the old adage that if you swallowed gum it would not be digested for seven years. As a kid, I remember thinking about all this gum adding up over a period of time and was scared silly any time I had accidentally swallowed gum. Well we can all breathe a sigh of relief as that old wives tale has officially been disputed. Read more here.

Today is John Mayer's 30th birthday. Probably not really newsworthy or a milestone to anyone else reading (except for Breanne, of course) but since it's my blog, I get to mention it.

And just when I thought I had sworn off The Hills, and hadn't seen much, if anything, of this season, I got sucked back in the other night watching a marathon and was up until after 1:00 in the morning. It started out innocently enough with me not being able to fall asleep and just flipping channels and the next thing you know I just couldn't pull myself away. I also saw the first episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I really didn't want to watch it. I knew I would hate it. Well the rest is history. I will probably catch every episode from here on out.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Did you see last night's episode of The Hills? I'm actually wondering, now, if Heidi didn't know that Spencer started those rumors. I'm sure it's clever editing, but i was like like, "WHAAAA??? Noooo....." when I saw the various facial expressions before the closing credits. It's now clear to all your friends who your fellow MTV television addiction person is.

Anonymous said...

Piper has been very into the Happy Birthday song lately. We generally only sing to wildlife ("happy birthday, kangaroos" or "happy birthday to monkeys," mostly). I'll try to get a chorus in for John Mayer today, just for you.

Unknown said...

I always thought about the gum piling up in my stomach when I would swallow a piece as well. Good to know that I don't actually have a large wad of gum still residing in my belly! This little myth really plagued me during my childhood as well.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com