Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bridesmaid Revisited

I sort of consider myself an unofficial wedding expert. Aside from having had my own wedding and having attended numerous weddings as a guest, I have also had lots of wedding "jobs" (flower girl, reader, guest book attendant, reception attendant, etc) and I have also been a bridesmaid many times. So I thought in honor of Dorian's wedding, I would take a trip down memory lane...ala evolution of a bridesmaid.

As I looked through these old pictures, I was reminded of many different things. The dresses, the hairstyles, the bachelorette parties and showers, the receptions, the toasts, the celebrating...but most of all, the friendships.


That's me in the middle. I was just 20 years old in this picture. My big, curly updo rocked.

I remember having a horrible cold the day of this wedding and have a bright red nose in some of the pictures to prove it.
I am not so good with dates but I think I was 25 or 26 here.

My sister's wedding...I lost weight right before the wedding and had to have my dress made over again. We also didn't have any more of the original fabric so we had to hunt for it...oops.

I picked out my own dress a couple weeks before the wedding (and actually wore it a second time for an event a few weeks later!) and fixed my own hair (I'm telling you so you can be impressed). It was a beautiful outdoor wedding!

 The bride and I were both engaged and planning our own weddings at the same time which was so much fun.


P.S. Do you know how almost impossible it was for me to even find these pictures? I have moved at least six times since some of them were taken and let's just say I know there are probably many more in boxes I can't even locate.

1 comments:

Alison said...

Beautiful in every photo! I am impressed with your hairstyling abilities. =) I absolutely love the flower choices at Breanne's wedding. =)

 
designed by suckmylolly.com