Monday, July 26, 2010

New friends

I am so proud of Joe. In the very little spare time he has, Joe has started volunteering by teaching English as a Second Language. Through this opportunity he is teaching ESL once a week for several hours to a refugee student. Tonight we were invited to his student's house to have dinner with him and his family. They were amazingly gracious people from Iraq and so very interesting. They fed us and fed us and fed us until we couldn't eat another thing. And I was even given a hand knitted black and white scarf as a gift. I feel like since I have been living here, I've been opened up to all sorts of new friendships and relationships whether it be like this one through Joe's ESL teaching or through my church. I feel so incredibly blessed by the many people I have met.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com