Monday, June 18, 2007

Moving is a wreck

Apparently I can't have a normal move. Approximately 1/16 of a mile from picking up the moving truck, a kid ran a red light and smashed into the truck. The car slid under the truck and thankfully nobody was hurt. Joe was driving the truck and I was in front of him and had already made it to my apartment when I got the call. Imagine my surprise (and Meagan's) when we showed up on the scene to see not only the police but also an ambulance and fire truck. The truck rental place was extremely nice and luckily they had a new truck for us to use. Other than that, the day went rather smoothly and I LOVE my new apartment. It's so cute!!!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Oh my! I'm glad you hadn't already loaded the truck!

J. P. Morrison said...

Don't you love US-Rents-It? Way better than U-Haul (where your truck breaks down in an Illinois corn field) any day! Congrats on the cute new place.

Susan said...

Poor Ames! At least you hadn't loaded it yet.....thus making twice the work! Good luck with the new apartment!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com