Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Table talk

I just completed my first furniture refinishing job. (Okay, techinically Josh did 90% of the work and Meagan and I combined efforts to do about 10%.) My princess bed is so tall that I have been in desperate need of a night stand that was tall, too. A couple weeks ago I was at my mom's house and she found this horrific piece of furniture in the garage and asked if it was the right height. It was perfect but in sad shape. With a lot of sanding (thanks Bryndyn for the use of your power sander), some polyurethane and a new shiny handle plus many trips to Lowes, I now have a really cute piece of furniture. My biggest regret is not taking a "before" picture. I'm not sure anyone would actually believe the difference.

8 comments:

Rach said...

It looks great Amy...let's just hope that no one scratches it on Friday. :)

Sandi said...

It's beautiful -- I can't imagine what it looked like before!

Monica said...

I can't believe that is the same table!!!! Wow! That's a beautiful piece!

Unknown said...

Love the table! Refinishing is hard work! I refinished a mantle once and have not taken on a home improvement project (aside from painting) since.

Alison said...

you go, girl!!! real wood furniture is so beautiful, but so expensive, so this is the way to collect some great pieces for your house. =)

I can't wait for photos from moving!! Good Luck!!

BexInTheCity said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

EE said...

I'm so impressed...it's gorgeous!

Coach T said...

Amy, I am WAY impressed! You go girl!!!!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com