Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tenth time is a charm

I think one of my favorite parts of summer is looking forward to summer concert season and road-tripping with Breanne to see John Mayer. Tuesday we were off to Kansas and Wednesday to St. Louis. Ben Folds was opening and I would be racking up my 9th and 10th live show (including his live performance at Conan O'Brien, which, by the way, I stood in line for three and a half hours in the rain to see) and was so excited but wasn't fully prepared for the experience that we would have. Breanne and I always get lawn seats and try to go to as many shows as possible.

Tuesday night in Kansas, the two girls next to us in the lawn, wearing their home-made t-shirts, were offered front row seats by the "Ticket Fairy." (Nope, she's not a myth.) We both had pipe dreams of being 10 years younger and the same thing happening to us. The show was good and we made it home at almost two a.m. only to do it all over again the next day.

Wednesday we were at the St. Louis show settling into the lawn when I started to reach for a book and a woman approached Breanne and I. She asked us if we were big fans. How many shows have we been to? What was our favorite song? How far were we traveling to see John? Why were we sitting in the lawn? Finally, she asked to see our tickets. I handed her my ticket and the self-proclaimed "Assistant Ticket Fairy" started ripping my ticket to shreds and announced that she typically has front row seats but unfortunately she only had second row tickets tonight. She handed us both brand new tickets. I started to cry. (Yes, it's embarrassing but true.) Breanne and I were treated like royalty at the front of the stage and it will be a night that I will never forget.

Breanne and I at the show in Kansas
At the show in STL. Pre-upgrade.
Post-upgrade!!!
My view!!!
Sigh.
Good night, John.

P.S. I think we made eye-contact. Twice.

5 comments:

Susan said...

How exciting for you Amy! Glad you had a wonderful time!

Nichole said...

Wow! How cool!

Alison said...

I got your text message while I was wrestling with Rosie over bedtime. =) All I could think about was Amber when NKOTB came out on stage. Then I thought that you were exaggerating about the tears...but I see by your photos you were not. So excited that your dream came true!! =) He so looked at you twice - how could he NOT? You're way cuter and have way more personality than that stupid blonde jess-whats-her-name....

Sandi said...

Wow! That's awesome! You guys are crazy for doing it two days in a row but it looks like it paid off!!

Unknown said...

You crack me up! Everytime I see a picture or hear something about John Mayer, I think of you. Now I will think of you with tears of joy in your eyes!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com