Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day recap

I had a very busy weekend in Chicago with Joe; time well spent. We had quite a few activities...started out with a movie, Nanny Diaries. Saturday we took the train to Shedd Aquarium. I've never been before and we stopped first to have a picnic lunch in Grant Park. Not really a picnic but Joe made some sandwiches that we ate on a park bench. Then we went to the aquarium. Super busy...a line just to get in and a line to see everything inside. (Lesson learned to try and do that stuff during the week but I still enjoyed it very much.) The penguins and the sea otters were probably my favorite. Sunday we went to see The King of Kong - A Fistful of Quarters. EXCELLENT. Go see this documentary. Then we made it to Table Fifty-Two. This is Oprah's former chef, Art Smith's new place. It's a quaint little boutique restaurant and Joe was just barely able to get reservations for us. It was booked solid for the weekend but as luck would have it, someone cancelled and we got in. Hurray! Mr. Smith came by our table several times to check in on us and everything was awesome. Not that I've been to many Chicago eateries but I think this could easily pass as my favorite; I'm hoping to visit again. We also made time to watch a couple of DVDs. We were on the go quite a bit this weekend but it was a great prelude to my birthday.

P.S. I think my back is back on the mend. I've been virtually pain-free for a couple days now. :-)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am getting SO excited about our trip! I am also glad that your back is all better.

Glad you had a great Labor Day weekend!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com