Thursday, August 30, 2007

Life happens

Isn’t it amazing how we get so busy in our lives that time seems to go by so quickly? My friend, Barb took me to lunch today and reminded me that it’s been an entire year since we’ve seen each other. Really? Has it really been that long? We only live 30 minutes apart yet I distinctly remember the last time we saw each other was last summer for lunch at the same place. It’s really been an entire year? In life, friends get busy and often we go too long without seeing or talking to each other. It’s sad but a true fact of life. The one thing that I love about those close to you whom you don’t see regularly is that when you do see them time stands still. You know what I’m talking about. It’s not seeing someone for weeks, months or years and then you get together and it feels like you only saw them yesterday. You’re so close in heart that you’re able to pick up exactly where you left off and I think that’s when you know you have a great friendship. Tomorrow I’ll be in Chicago with Joe, someone I don’t get to see often enough but am so grateful to have a long weekend together. And Barb, thanks for taking me to lunch today. It was so good to see you!! I hope it’s not another year before we do it again.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com