Sunday, April 06, 2008

I'm back!

I'm back from my weekend trip to Chicago. Joe was sick while I was there so we didn't do too much but that's okay. Hopefully I will avoid catching whatever he had but was glad to see him nonetheless. We were able to talk and flush out wedding plans. I think we have it narrowed down to the last week in July or first week in August. Hopefully we should have it finalized with the resort later this week.

The other two noteworthy things we did over the weekend consisted of art and eating. First on Friday night my craving took us out for Indian food. It's amazing that if I had the same craving here I could be sitting down at a restaurant 10 minutes later. In Chicago (due to the lack of Indian cuisine on the southside) we drove to the nearest L, parked, got on the train, rode for awhile, got off the train and on another, rode for awhile, got off and walked the remaining several blocks to the restaurant. About two hours later we were there. I'm not sure if or when I'll get used to that! Luckily, our plan is to eventually move to a more central location.

Saturday we went to the art museum for the Hopper exhibit. I really love his stuff. The exhibit included a lot of paintings of houses or man-made objects which he's known for but mostly I love his pieces that include people. I had seen Nighthawks before but that's a painting I could see time and time again and not grow tired of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting "the date" narrowed down. Can't wait to see everything fall into place and I get to use my perfect wedding card!!! Oh my little Ames is getting married, I still can't believe it is happening so soon! Hey, what about a bachelorette party??? That is not like a reception at all. =) Good night and welcome back to MO. ANS

Coach T said...

Glad your back! July? August? Wow! Things are starting to fall into place!!! Congrats! See you tonight!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com