Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Lucky me!

I have a confession to make. I won Alex and Nichole's NCAA basketball bracket pool. I love winning. I'm proud of the fact that not only did I win but, for the most part, my bracket stayed surprisingly intact throughout the tournament. The bad news or the confession here is that I did, indeed, pick Kansas as the winner. I know, I know. How can I live here and pick Kansas? I can only assure you that I am still a true Tiger fan and this had nothing to do with rooting for the team I wanted to win. It had everything to do with picking the team I thought would win. My thought process went something like this, "Argh...Kansas. Hmm, they'll probably win the whole darn thing." And they did. So I went with my gut. I think I happen to have good instincts.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Congrats! I never pay attention to all that sports nonsense.

Bailey, the kitten you admired, isn't all black. He's a very dark tabby, with stripes on his little face & belly. He'll probably look more stripey as he grows...but he's cute nonetheless!

Coach T said...

picking Kansas. . . argh! the things we do for cookies! :) j/k Congrats!

BexInTheCity said...

the good news is... Mizzou will get 1 mil for their sports program since KU won. so you can act like you had Mizzou's best interests at heart!!

Unknown said...

I looked at the standings after the game, and I thought it was great that you won! Boone also thought it to be humorous. He did raise some questions about you picking Kansas, but I defended your allegiance to Mizzou!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com