Friday, May 16, 2008

Missing him

We all know that I've felt a little sadness and anxiety about leaving this town that I love so much. It's comfortable here. I have friends. And a routine. I have felt sad about leaving my job and scared about going somewhere new. Starting over. Tonight after work I was driving home still stressed from a very long week - and a hard day - with lots of new projects thrown into the mix and needing to unwind. I started running through my list of friends who could just go hang out on the fly and realized that virtually everyone I knew had other commitments. Other priorities. I felt sad. Lonely. More than anything, I just wanted to be with my best friend; I wanted to be with Joe in a bustling and fabulous city, sitting somewhere great, eating appetizers and drinking Pinot Grigio talking about my day. I miss him and I am so lucky to have found my soulmate. I really can't wait to be with him and it makes the moving and all of the change worthwhile. I settled for spending the evening with a true and amazing friend nonetheless. I hung out on Cristin's deck with her basking in the warm weather and enjoying the night. Tomorrow I get an hour and a half massage compliments of my darling fiance at my favorite spa - what a treat!

5 comments:

Jeni said...

Sorry you've been blue. I got married during college, and I remember feeling blue because I was home by myself while James worked, and my girlfriends didn't invite me to do anything anymore.

Each stage of life has ups and downs, but with God's grace, the ups far exceed the downs. You'll be fine. You'll struggle for awhile to figure it all out, but hold tight to your love and hold tight to God, and it'll all be fine. :-)

BexInTheCity said...

oh amy. you know you can always hang out here! I've got kool-aid! =)

Sandi said...

An hour and a half?? Woo-hoo!

And this was a great realization, Amy -- to realize that Joe is the one that you want to spend your time with. Very sweet.

Jen said...

I'm glad you wound up having someone to hang with, sometimes those lonely times are really tough.
But it led you to an awesome realization about Joe, and that can make the hard time worth something.
HUGS

J. said...

He's a lucky guy.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com