Friday, June 27, 2008

The first of many

I was at a stoplight this morning with nothing more on my mind than the latte I was getting ready to stop for when I saw the driver of the van in front of me stick his head out the window and start waving along with the passenger. It was Taylor and Heather. I waved back and was happy to see them. Presumably they were headed out of town for good on their way to their new home in Texas. Strangely enough, I had called on Wednesday afternoon on my way into town from Chicago to see if I could stop by and tell them goodbye. Nobody answered so instead I went to Walmart before heading home. Guess who was at Walmart? I told Heather goodbye inside and went outside to to tell Taylor goodbye. I thought I was tough; I wasn't going to cry. I couldn't get sad about them leaving town since I was leaving, too. But before I knew it, I was crying in the parking lot at Walmart. I felt a little ridiculous so I quickly made my way back to my car. I've never been very good at saying goodbye. In fact, I'm downright bad at it. This is just the first of many goodbyes that will be said over the next few weeks; I'm hoping it gets easier.

2 comments:

Rach said...

You may be saying goodbye to being able to see your friends here (which we'll always be in touch), but you are saying hello to seeing your best friend everyday for the rest of your life. If you get sad, maybe that thought can cheer you a little. :)

TTidmore said...

We were literally on our way out of town for the last time when we saw you. We will miss you too, but can't wait to see what marriage and Chicago has in store for you.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com