Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sizes

I've spent the last couple of hours going through clothes in my closet and trying things on. I'm embarrassed to admit I have over forty pairs of jeans and pants spanning four different sizes. The smallest I wore three years ago. The same goes for skirts and dresses. Maybe this is why I like shoes so much because my feet never change. At any rate, I feel somewhat good because I'm able to wear a few pairs of pants that I know I couldn't have just a couple months ago and the largest sizes are now baggy and too big. It's progress however slow it might seem. But looking at all those pretty and small clothes just hanging around makes me feel kinda sad, too. My biggest dilemna will be what to do with a large walk-in closet full of clothes when I have to downsize to a very small closet at Joe's house. I'm not sure I trust myself to get rid of all my sizes nor do I want to part with what remains of my former self.

5 comments:

Rach said...

Ahhh...a clothes dilemma...

Anonymous said...

I don't have any advice on the downsizing, but have you noticed that we were both thinner when we saw each other all the time? Hmm... I think I need to fly out there. For health reasons.

Alison said...

I'm giggling at Nichole's response. I think Nichole needs to fly in for a bridal shower.

I'm proud of you for downsizing. I try to do that every year. Try being the operative word. I find I have a harder time giving up stuff like tshirts and whatnot that I rarely wear. I love having lots of loungewear apparel for working out, hanging around the house, and when I go on youth trips.

I realized last night, as I got into my dresser, that I have enough North Park and UYWI tshirts, alone, to outfit myself for about two weeks. I think I can scale down.

Unknown said...

Have you noticed that when I lived there, neither of us were at our skinniest? : ) I do not apologize for making you eat out 6 out of the 7 nights of the week. Good luck with the downsizing! Moving is the WORST!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I so know what you mean...about "leaving remains of your former self" I think that is why I have tubs of "larger" clothes and tubs of clothing I wore before the children came that I "just might wear again someday"...(of course that day...will be when they are so out of style I would never want to wear them! LOL

Hang in there....you could always have a sale.

Love ya girl and I love keeping up on your posts. I love to read your "language"....

Amy Sue :) (asj-ajs) Remember? LOL

 
designed by suckmylolly.com