Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The good, the bad and the ugly

I got back from Chicago this afternoon. He's the run down. (I'm sure I could bore you with more but I'll be brief.)

Positives

  • I think my interview went very well. It seems that they'll be interviewing another candidate and will have a final decision in a few weeks. If I get the job, I am pleased with the commute as it doesn't seem too bad (at least for Chicago!).
  • We went to see Get Smart; I loved it!
  • It was good to see Joe and to start thinking about what I'm going to do with all my stuff in a few weeks. I started thinking about what should go in each room of the house. And I feel confident we'll manage and make room...now I just need to start packing!

Negatives

  • Joe's car was in the shop so he had a rental for four days. And with wedding and moving expenses, money is just getting even tighter these days.
  • I somehow managed to lose my favorite sweater. Not an expensive sweater but a beige sweater I often wear; it's comfy and it goes with everything. I realized today that I didn't have it and Joe called a couple of the restaurants we went to over the past couple days and it's nowhere to be found. I'm sad.
  • We sat down to watch Margot at the Wedding and halfway through the movie the Netflix dvd refused to play. I have no idea what becomes of Margot or the wedding.
  • My train ride today was an extra hour longer than it was supposed to be...turns out some train signals were out due to storms yesterday so we were crawling at 30 mph in several spots.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com