Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happenings

I went to hear a speaker tonight talk about the benefits of eating meat from grass-fed, grass-finished animals, particularly cattle. I joined my husband on a whim and it was actually very interesting. The downside is that after the talk, I don't want to eat meat at all...maybe that isn't a downside. Anyway, if you get a chance look up some information about his company.

My mom went back to the doctor today for a scan. Her radioactive idoine has successfully attached to the thyroid left in her body (there was some thyroid left as it wasn't all removed as originally thought) and she will have to do another round of treatment in 9 months. She is still in isolation.

Also my mom found out today that her regular cancer doctor has cancer. She has been my mom's doctor for more than 11 years and my mom follows up with her on a regular basis. It's so sad that she now is going through what she's helped so many other people overcome. This woman is amazingly kind. When I got married, she saw my announcement in Columbia, recognized my last name, cut out the announcement and mailed it to my mom.

Joe is still suffering a bad foot from an injury that happened almost a year ago. He had more x-rays this week and it's wrapped and in a boot for at least a week. Hopefully it finally heals.

That's all the news for this week...just in case I don't blog again, don't forget to watch the Oscars on Sunday!

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com