Monday, June 08, 2009

Sick as a Dog

Warning: This post may not be for sensitive stomaches.

I'm a fairly new dog-mom and I have a sick "child." We noticed Crumley was having some bathroom issues a couple days ago and then we woke up at 4 am to a lot of vomitting and a little blood. I sat with him at the vet's office this morning for over an hour and a half waiting on test results. His vitals seemed okay. We did a stool sample and that was okay, too, despite more blood. Then we did x-rays. Nothing. So finally a whole lotta blood work. That all seemed normal, too. So Crumley got a shot and now we're home with a special prescription dog food and three different kinds of meds. He's not to eat or drink anything at all today so I can't disquise the pills in food. I have crammed my little hand down his throat so many times and every time I think the pill has surely made it's way all the way down, he spits it out. I'm not sure what to do. Crumley is exhausted. I'm exhausted. And I hope our little big guy is okay.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com