Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Slice of Pi


Most of you know by now that my husband is a pizza fanatic and an embarrassing amount of meals are spent eating this food. So when our Chicagoan President announced that his favorite deep dish pizza wasn't actually from Chicago but from St. Louis, my husband knew immediately that he had to investigate for himself. So today, coming home from our trip to Missouri, we stopped in St. Louis to try it for ourselves. I'm not a huge fan of deep dish and prefer thin crust but I'll have to say that I found the toppings and taste of the crust to be a refreshing variation. I think it's safe to say, we'll be back again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO sorry that I didn't get to join you! Get this -- another Pi is opening this fall just down the street from my house. So I hope that the next Joe and Amy Pi pizza fix will be in our zip code. :-) -- Laura

Alison said...

This is the joint that I had mentioned to Joe last time I was at your house - there IS a Chicago location on the north side. =)

Amy said...

Alison, I can't find anything about there being a "Pi" in Chicago, just St. Louis. Obama has had the St. Louis people come to Washington, DC to make pizzas, too. If you can find a location, let me know. I just see the restaurant listed as a St. Louis restaurant.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com