Sunday, July 22, 2007

Footloose and fancy free

Saturday night my mom, sister and I went to see Footloose the musical. The show was not spectacular, or even really that great, but it did make me think a lot about the movie. I can remember exactly where I was the first time I watched Footloose. My sister and I loved it. Cathy became wildy obsessed with red boots and I think we both had a crush on Kevin Bacon. And even now you can find Holding on for a Hero and Let’s Hear it for the Boy on my ipod. Looking back, Footloose was also my first Sarah Jessica Parker-experience and we all now know that SJP and I are now quite tight. So fun to relive those memories all over again. I spent the weekend thinking about all the movies that my sister and I both watched over and over while growing up: Footloose, Dirty Dancing, Heathers and The Lost Boys. We loved those movies.

I also went to see Paris, Je T'aime over the weekend. It's getting my must-see stamp of approval. The film consists of 18 shorts all directed by different people set in and around different parts of Paris. The best part was knowing that if there was one I didn't like, it would be over in just a couple of minutes. But how fantastic to have such short stories move you to laughter and to tears in just a matter of minutes.

1 comments:

Rach said...

I have "Heathers" if you ever want to watch it sometime.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com