Sunday, July 08, 2007

Itching and scratching

It all started about a week and a half ago. I used some body wash that I had never used before and broke out in a rash all over my legs. I couldn't stop itching and my very white legs had very red bumps all over them. Fortunately, the rash was contained to my legs but my arms itched, too. Finally, the rash went away just in time for me to be bombarded with mosquito bites. 32 of them to be exact. I sat on my deck one night (with a citronella candle) and, while that might have caused a few, I seemed to be mysteriously waking up with them. For the past week, my daily routine has consisted of Benadryl, Aveno oatmeal baths and hydrocortisone cream. Tonight I think I found and killed the culprit. A big fat mosquito living comfortably in my apartment. Not anymore. I sure hope this is the end of it. I'm not sure I, or my skin, can take much more.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

I feel your pain.

When I was pregnant with Caden, I got this weird, rare, insanely itchy rash called PUPPs, and I would lie awake crying at night it itched so bad. I tried EVERYTHING, and nothing took away the itchiness except for cold water running over it, and who can live in a bathtub 24/7 (I mean, practically)?

Rach said...

32 mosquito bites?? Yikes!! I hope you are itch-free soon. :(

Unknown said...

Thirty-two mosquito bites is horrible! We have to spray our yard just about every week to keep the mosquitoes under control around our house, so I can relate a little bit. I usually get bit at least once just walking from my front door to the car, and we have to kill at least four or five mosquitoes every time we get in the car (they get in in the span of time it takes us to get Jackson buckled in). I HATE mosquitoes!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com