Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Kimmy

Last night was Kim's going away party as she's moving to Kansas. It's amazing how in our lives we meet so many wonderful people who make such a lasting impression on your heart, you know you'll be forever touched and changed. Kim is one of those people. I first met her about 3 1/2 years ago. I was working in Jefferson City and she was the health reporter for the newspaper. She would call me almost every day to get sources for her stories and we had a very good working relationship. It probably wasn't until I left my job that the real friendship began. I changed jobs and, at about the same time, she did, too. Now we've been working together for the past couple of years. I talk to Kim every day but we don't just talk work. We hang out on the weekends and we've been to more concerts together than I care to count. She's also helped me grow up and be the person I want to be. And I've learned a lot about myself through our friendship. The great part of getting older is moving to the next great phase of your life. That's exactly what Kim is doing now. Moving on. And while I'm so sad for me, I'm so happy for her. Good luck in Kansas, Kimmy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We will miss you so much Kimmy!!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com