Saturday, January 05, 2008

Homebody

Taina's recent blog got me thinking about something. I like to stay home.

It wasn't so long ago that I actually thought something was wrong with me if it was a Friday or Saturday night and I was at home with no plans. How could that be? And it wasn't so long ago that my friends would pick me up at 10 pm to go out for the evening. These days at 10 pm you will find me in my pajamas and either I'm in bed watching some tv (and I watch less and less of E! and MTV and more and more of HGTV) or I'm getting ready for bed. It's funny how things change. My parents often stay up much later than me. No kidding. Back in the day, they were the ones going to bed so early and I was the one staying up so late.

Tonight I went to dinner with a couple of friends. Our dinner ended around 8:30 and we all tried to think of things to do. We ended up coming back to my place for a quick round of Scene It. What was on everyone's mind but nobody said at that time was that we were all fine with just going home and calling it a night at 8:30 on a Saturday.

Say it isn't so, the girl about town is writing about wanting to be the girl about home.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am right there with you! I am in bed by 10 most nights (9 on a lot). Past 10:30 and my skin starts turning a mysterious orange! Talk about a pumpkin!

Sandi said...

You're too cute. I'm there, too.

Alison said...

In the same place. Except I've gotten to where if I'm in my house, I immediately change into 'house clothes,' aka pajama type or workout type clothes, and watch more and more TLC or Bravo.

Rach said...

I like home...or at least other people's homes...:)

 
designed by suckmylolly.com