Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday

My day in a nutshell: I got to see Caelleb play soccer today and was even present when he scored his first-ever goal. Go C! Taina then accompanied me to see Juno (again). I've also baked cookies and have been reading off and on throughout the day.

These days, I've been spending most of my spare time reading. I've gone through phases my entire life of reading a lot and then reading absolutely nothing for a long time. I'm trying to read more - consistently more. Less tv. More reading. Reading my Bible, study books, fiction - everything. I finally finished The Kite Runner. I will have to say that the first 120 pages or so moved quite slowly for me. I even put it down for over a week. But then things just started to fly. I found myself up until 1 am several times this week thinking, "Just one more chapter." I thought I would finish it last night but my eyes were heavy and I finally put the book down when I knew I couldn't stay awake any longer. Finishing a good book is always a little sad for me. I grow fond of the characters and I want to know more. This one is no exception and I think it will stay with me for awhile. In my quest for more reading, I'm moving on to this.

2 comments:

BexInTheCity said...

i want to read the kite runner! i may have to borrow that one from you. I also want to read eat, pray, love. let us know how that one is.

Anonymous said...

"The Kite Runner" nearly did me in. We should start an online book club. Of course, you guys could meet in person.

I think I'm going to see "Juno" next week sometime. I can't wait!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com