Monday, January 21, 2008

In review

Joe left this morning. As always, I was sad to see him go. We had a great two days of hanging out. Went to see The Savages. It was a great, well-done movie but a lot more serious and sad than I had anticipated. Also watched a couple of dvds and even made time for a fabulous dinner. And he bought me a cool new cd that I'd been wanting for awhile.

I wasn't working today due to the holiday so I went to see Atonement. It's been on my to-do list for some time so I finally took the plunge. It was gut-wrenching and beautiful. I really loved it...until the end. I'm still thinking it over and I have problems with it. I'm afraid with a bit of a different ending the film could have been so much more. Even still, I'm glad I saw it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm ... I love CC's! I haven't seen "Atonement," but I wasn't crazy about the book. I'm glad you had a nice long weekend!

Anonymous said...

This guy sounds like a total catch. CDs and dinner and movies? My God, I didn't know they still made them like that!!

Amy said...

You can always tell when the boyfriend leaves "anonymous" comments. :-)

Sandi said...

Ha -- I was glad to get to meet the infamous Joe.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com