Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio
Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio, side view

I've been on a hiatus for a few days as I've been celebrating the holidays with Joe. We packed in lots of fun on this trip and only leaving "the neighborhood" for our New Years Eve festivities and a jaunt to Oak Park on Friday. Below, in chronological order, is what I've been up to:
  • Frank Lloyd Wright Home & Studio. I've literally been wanting to visit this attraction for years. Next on my agenda, I'm adding a Wright biography to my "to do" list.

  • Sweeney Todd. Johnny Depp is nothing short of brilliant and I liked the music far more than I'd anticipated. What kept me from loving it (I did like it) was that it was so gruesome and scary I was forced to watch with at least one eye shut for most of the movie. Joe made stuffed pork chops this evening after we'd stopped by a local butcher earlier in the day. The chops were great but enjoyed even more so as leftovers the next day after "meat" pies were no longer so heavy on my mind.

  • Juno. My new favorite movie of 2007. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. And like the sap that I am, tears were shed.

  • Sound of Music. Can you believe that I have never seen this movie? Bits and pieces but not in its entirety. I took advantage when it was on tv Sunday evening. Doe a deer, a female deer, ray a drop of golden sun...

  • Bowling. Believe it or not, Joe and I have never gone bowling together. The local joint was packed for a late Sunday night. I won one; Joe won two. I have to say, my bowling skills have seemed to improve with age.

  • Chinatown. I've never been to this part of town before so we had our New Year's Eve dinner here.

  • Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy. Definitely not as good as the show I saw in Vegas and somewhat cheesy at times but it was still a fun way to spend New Years.

  • Travel. Possibly one of the most annoying traveling trips I've ever had both to and from Chicago. My luggage was "lost" in the airport (long story) on the way there and getting home my flight was delayed, delayed and delayed. Luckily, I'm here now and life is good. Happy New Year!!!

6 comments:

Alison said...

I, too, have always wanted to do the Frank Lloyd Wright home in Oak Park. And WHAT? That is my reaction to you not seeing Sound of Music before. You are now part of the club.

Glad you had so much fun. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Sandi said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!

my3sons said...

You did and saw tons of interesting things in your "few days hiatus"! I too would love to see Juno, I'm glad you liked it as I have a feeling I will too! I think I must be the only person left in America who has not seen all of Sound of Music. I have seen bits and pieces, but never the ENTIRE thing at once. However, with the little person that lives at my house, its hard to see an ENTIRE ANYTHING without interruption! I'm glad you had a good time!!! I so very much enjoy reading your blog Ames!

Coach T said...

Are you home yet? We have The Waitress movie downloaded to our amazon unbox through tivo. I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet, but thought of you! We need to get together and catch up!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a heck of a good boyfriend to introduce you to so much Broadway in a single weekend.
Dare I say Fosse-cool?

BexInTheCity said...

oooh i'm so jealous!! i want to go to FLW's house!!!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com