Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kick off my Sunday shoes

Footloose is going to be remade and Zac Efron is going to play Ren. I'm not sure how I feel about this. My first thought is why should you mess with perfection? I can't imagine liking anything as much as the original. Did I mention it's going to be a musical? Complete with new songs? It's true that I could end up jumping on the bandwagon at some point in time but right now I only want to think about Kevin Bacon playing Ren and that cute, perky Sarah Jessica Parker as Rusty. What do you think? Read more here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's ridiculous. The beauty of "Footloose" is that it's so unaware of its cheesiness. You can't recapture that.

Alison said...

It's been a musical for awhile, although I wouldn't put them past it to re-do it as a movie. I saw it in Detroit. It was absolutely horrible, and I was glad that I didn't pay for my ticket. The guy they cast as Ren wasn't tough enough to pull it off. I kind of feel the same way about Zac Efron.

my3sons said...

While Zac Efron seems to do well as a teenager in his HSM roles, I do not believe he has what it takes to "replace" THE Kevin Bacon as Ren!!!! What is this world coming to!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com