Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Help!

I need some reassurance so I'm asking the blogosphere for some help. When I called the movers a month or so ago and started setting up our move, they asked a lot of questions. One was, "How many boxes do you think you will have?" I had no idea. They estimated that a two-bedroom, one-bath house would have around 40 boxes. I immediately knew that wasn't going to happen. I told them that we had a LOT of books...and other stuff. So she said she'd estimate us at 60 boxes. Um, yeah, we have long surpassed the 60 boxes, too. And I haven't even packed my shoes yet. (And to be fair, my husband probably has just as much stuff as me.) I kind of wish I were one of those people who could just put everything I own in a box and go about my way but I tend to keep things. I have at least two boxes containing "special" papers I wrote as a kid, in college and even some correspondance from old friends. I think I kept every single wedding card I received. I finally took a unique vase (of no value) to Goodwill when I realized the crack in it wouldn't make it functional anymore and then the next day I second-guessed myself. Now, I tend to believe this might be an inherited trait and I do think I've done a pretty good job of purging with every move. I do seem to be getting better and a little less sentimental as I age. Tell me I am not alone. Am I the only thirty-one year old with this much stuff?

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm with you Amy - however, I would have to admit that I have more stuff than my husband and kids put together...

Anonymous said...

I'm approaching 40 and I probably have 30 boxes in our basement that I've not unpacked from our move five years ago. *sigh* You're not alone. -- Laura

Unknown said...

I have SO much stuff even after the hurricane ruined a bunch of it! You are certainly not alone!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com