Thursday, July 02, 2009

On My List



Some time ago, Nichole sent me The Time Traveler's Wife. I kept meaning to read it and then finally took it along on my honeymoon last summer. It instantly became one of my favorite books and I didn't want to put it down. In fact, I've been thinking about reading it again. I just saw the trailer for the movie that comes out in August and I'm worried that the movie isn't going to do the book justice. Hopefully it won't disappoint too much but there's just so much to that book that I'm afraid will be lost in translation.

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Oh no, it looks so schmaltzy and (pardon me, Amy) Nicholas Sparks-ified! I don't know if I'll watch it.

Amy said...

I would agree. I have watched the trailer a couple times now and I'm so afraid it's just going to make the book look like cotton candy when I thought it was actually quite gut-wrentching but I'm sure I'll have to see for myself. But I'm thinking the cheese factor is going to be pretty high.

Jeni said...

I keep forgetting about this book when I go to the store - I've been meaning to read it!

groovininthesun said...

I'm reading the book now! I LOVE IT! But I will see the movie in August with no expectations.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com