Monday, July 20, 2009

Roadtrip

This past weekend marked the one-year anniversary that I moved from Columbia to Chicago. Coincidentally, it also just happened to be the weekend that I chose to make a trip back to visit. I consider Columbia to be "home". I think it's true that when you leave and come back things will never quite be the same. New restaurants, new shops, new people. There's also a realization or wondering about how you now fit in. Things are just different. I loved seeing my friends, I loved eating at my favorite places, I loved shopping at my favorite stores and soaking up the city but at the same time it was kind of bittersweet. Maybe I'm now an outsider in this place I called home for eight years. I even found myself forgetting how to best get from point "a" to point "b"...all kind of strange. Still I'm so glad I went and had a good time. Ragtag, lots of food but most importantly - friends.

1 comments:

Rach said...

We loved having you!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com