Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Oscar time!

I will have to say that I don't like that the Academy now nominates 10 films for best picture. I know why they did it because there are plenty of fantastic animation and comedy films that never stand a chance and they want to honor those films and get them out there. But I like trying to see all the films each year so if I know there are 5 top films it is pretty mangeable...but 10 movies? I think that means I will probably never get to say that I've seen all the nominated films again. Please, Academy, change it back to the way things used to be.

And even though only two of these made the Academy's list, here are my favorite movies from this past year (in no particular order):

  • Up in the Air
  • 500 Days of Summer
  • The Hangover
  • Up
  • Adventureland
  • Crazy Heart

Honorable mentions:

  • Precious (Appreciated it and glad I saw it but it was too heavy to be considered a favorite of the year. It is so deserving though of all nominations.)

  • The Informant (Matt Damon was awesome in this movie. Loved it.)

  • Fantastic Mr. Fox (I loved it a million times more than I thought I would.)

1 comments:

Nichole said...

Here are the movies I've seen from your list:
1) "Up in the Air." I thought it was OK, but that was based mainly on the fact that it was 2 hours of George Dreamboat Clooney's face. The movie itself, I didn't love.
2) "The Hangover." I hated it with the heat of 1,000 suns. This is a little mystifying, considering my inexplicable love for "Pineapple Express." But hate it I did.
3) "Up." Love love love. I don't think they'll give the award to an animated film, but they should.
4) "Adventureland." This was vaguely amusing, but I didn't love it. The main actor (jesse something?) annoys me.
5) "The Fantastic Mr. Fox." I loved this, too.

So apparently I only like cartoons now. I still really want to see "Crazy Heart," but I have no desire to see "Precious." Too much mamadrama for me.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com