Thursday, November 02, 2006

The evils of Ritter Sport

When I was in Italy, Monica introducted me to the most decadent chocolate on earth - Ritter Sport. There were days in Italy where the only nutrients that I received were from gellato, Coke Light (Diet Coke) and Ritter Sport. Our favorite bar? Milk Chocolate with Butter Biscuit. It was a hot commodity and if we were lucky enough to score the bar with the brown package it was as good a treasure as any. I haven't seen that package in nearly two years so you can imagine my surprise when I'm checking out at Target last night and that same brown package was staring back at me. Ritter Sport is now available at Target - my favorite store. That is one bittersweet chocolate. Ritter Sport has gone global and it's available at my every whim. My waistline will surely suffer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Ritter Sport! I didn't realize that it hasn't been available for sale in America. with my dad being in the military I could always buy it at the PX or commissary in America but they sell European chocolate there. Ritter is EVERYWHERE here. My favorite is the one in the green package with Almonds. I do also love the butter biscuit one too though.

Nichole said...

That is such good stuff! I bought practically a case of it when we were in Holland!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH, YOU ARE KIDDING ME! Ritter sport at TARGET? Seriously? OK, heading there now. . . j/k! Seriously, though when I was in Germany we also LIVED on that stuff. My favorite is the yellow wrapper!!!! Seriously stopping at Target on my way home from work!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com