Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Jackpot

It's true, I am a pack rat. I keep everything and so it should be no surprise that I still have cds from junior high school that I know will never get listened to again. I started cleaning out closets a couple weeks ago to prepare for my move and realized that I had four very large boxes full of nothing but cds. Ridiculous. I decided to sort through them and came up with three large shopping bags full of cds that could be re-sold and only a box and a half of cds to keep. Last night I cashed them in for store credit. After almost two hours, I finally left the music store with $260.49 worth of store credit and one shopping bag of stuff they couldn't take. Why didn't I do this sooner? I am a pack rat no more.

5 comments:

BexInTheCity said...

which music store did you do this at? I could get rid of a few of my own.

Nichole said...

Oh, wow! That's great. What did they refuse?

Alison said...

I told you!! Aren't you glad you did that instead of donating them to goodwill or throwing them away? (Not that donating them isn't a VERY good thing to do..) I didn't think you'd have $260 worth of credit - bless it! Lots of new music, books and DVDs for our princess!!

Unknown said...

Fun! I need to do that to my CDs too. Ever since Jackson and his obscene abundance of stuff came into my house, I have tried to be less and less of a packrat. I go through major kicks where I get rid of anything and everything in sight. Moving is definitely a good excuse to go through everything and purge!

Unknown said...

Also, I just went back over your blogs, but I don't remember you mentioning that you found a new place to live? Am I a moron?

 
designed by suckmylolly.com