Tuesday, April 03, 2007

We the jury

We all play the role of juror from time to time and it’s true that I can be a bit judgmental. It’s easy to do without even thinking. For instance, I found plenty of people guilty last night of various “crimes” committed while I was watching The Bachelor. Some women were guilty of fashion crimes, some guilty of being way too desperate and some guilty of using really cheesy ploys to get a man. And let's not forget those who were guilty of being just plain mean. At any rate, in all seriousness, I am on jury duty this week – for real. I have never been on jury duty before and I’m still waiting to see if I get called in. So far, so good. The entire process has made me think a lot about our judicial system and what it means to find someone guilty or not guilty. It's a huge responsibility and as much as I think it's necessary, I really hope I don't get called because I don't want the responsibility. What about you? Do you have any jury duty stories?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I have this little jury duty exemption named Jackson that I fully take advantage of! I am interested in hearing how it all goes for you, however.

As for the "crimes" committed on The Bachelor, I forgot to mention on my blog that I am more than a little upset that my namesake was the one who got out of the limo, did a little pose and basically said "look at me! I have on the shortest skirt here!" It was a sad day for people named Kate everywhere!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com