Thursday, April 26, 2007

A potpourri of my thoughts

  • There has been a lot of discussion lately amongst my friends at the great lengths that women go to in order to remove unwanted hair. Threading (which sounds so painful after reading about it), waxing, shaving, laser removal, etc. We do all sorts of crazy things just to maintain our beauty and to keep our self-esteem. It just doesn't seem quite fair but I know I'm not about to stop any time soon.
  • Hugh Grant has been arrested for allegedly throwing baked beans on a photographer. I love Hugh. (Who doesn't love a confused, yet charming, British man?) I can't decide how I feel about this incident. Perhaps it makes me like him even more.
  • Joe Simpson supposedly wants to be Britney's new manager. Joe, you are so creepy.
  • I am listening to Damien Rice 9 and I love it. More exciting is that Breanne and I will be seeing him two weeks from tomorrow in St. Louis.
  • I'm preparing for a conference in Chicago next week where I will also be seeing friends and the musical, The Color Purple.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Dude...the threading's a BITCH! I kind of want to take pictures and post them so you see. You know what's sad? The fact that I'll probably do it two more times and see if the breakouts become less violent. The things I'll do to not have to pluck slash shave my under chin hair!!

Also - the Hugh Grant thing DOES Make me love him more. Throw those baked beans on crazy papparazzi!!!

WhoCelebrates.com | Let's know it.. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monica said...

I concur about the hair removal. Why must we be cursed with this too?

My first thought this morning, when I heard about Hugh's bean tossing, was you. Seriously? Hugh has to haul his own baked beans? How human.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com