Thursday, December 20, 2007

Beauty and Charity

Breanne bought me a beautiful bracelet from Bead for Life. This program helps Ugandan women turn recycled paper into works of art. In the process, buying these items helps build a better life for these women and their families. It's an amazing program and something Breanne became interested in after seeing War Dance at the True/False Film Festival this past year. The film was moving and Breanne, especially, took note. And not only is the bracelet beautiful but so is this very small gesture to help make the world a better place. It reminds me just how fortunate I am. How many blessings I really do have. And right now I have this very warm, fuzzy feeling reminding me, this is what Christmas is all about.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com