Friday, December 07, 2007

The birthday girl

I was on the phone with one of my closest friends the other night talking and catching up; it had been awhile. Below is just a portion of my conversation with "M".

M: "So you have a birthday coming up. What are you doing for your birthday?"

Amy: "Umm, no I don't...Are you serious? Um, I just had my birthday about three months ago, remember? I went to Las Vegas..."

M: silence

Amy: "You didn't forget...You sent me a card and a gift card in the mail for my birthday."

M: "Oh my gosh! I'm going crazy! I'm going crazy! I put a birthday card in the mail for you today with another gift card. That seems like an entire year ago that you went to Vegas. I really thought it had been that long and wondered today why your 'upcoming birthday' - December 10 - wasn't on my calendar like it should be."

Amy: (laughing hysterically) "Did you try looking in September? I'll send the gift card back to you. It's seriously not a big deal."

M: "Keep it, girl. Merry Christmas!"

And for those of you who know M, you know it just makes the story that much more loveable and funny. And I don't want to be 31 already - No way! But my "birthday" card arrived today just the same. Happy Birthday to me!

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Happy fake birthday! Is this the same "M" I know?

Unknown said...

That is really funny! I was going to ask if this was the "M" I knew when I lived there. Have fun spending the gift card!

Amy said...

Yup, Nichole and Kate. That would be the same gal.

Unknown said...

Tell "M" I said hi!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com