Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dress shopping

I went wedding dress shopping today with my mom and sister. Let me just say I found the process to be painstaking. It was long, tedious and frustrating. All those corsets, slips, zippers, hooks and padded bras. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. And why does formal wear always have to run small? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Instead of having to go up two or three extra sizes than you normally wear wouldn't it make the bride-to-be much happier to go down several extra sizes? Someone needs to rethink that and they'd probably have the market on wedding dresses. Today reaffirmed that I'm not your traditional bride and made me thankful for not having too many more decisions to make. Groom - check. Destination - check. Date and dress - not so much.

2 comments:

Rach said...

You should go shopping at department stores especially when the spring sales start and find a dress.

Sandi said...

I remember crying the day my sister and mom and I went shopping for wedding dresses. I ended up actually renting mine because the ones I liked I couldn't afford.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com