Monday, March 31, 2008

The epitome of Grace

Today is my great, great Aunt Grace's 104th birthday. Despite being legally blind, Grace is still living independently. She is such an amazing person. People are also surprised when I tell them how she's only been in the hospital a couple times. My favorite memories of Aunt Grace are the times when she would "babysit" for me while I was growing up. When my parents and sister would go to a basketball game or somewhere that I had no desire to go, they'd drop me off for a few hours at her senior housing apartment where she still lives. I loved the big magnifying glass over the top of her television screen and the cuckoo clock. We would usually listen to the game on the radio and spend our time eating popcorn. Even today she has a great memory and still loves to listen to sporting events on the radio. She is such a beloved family member - Happy Birthday, Aunt Grace. (Pictured is Aunt Grace and me, circa 1999.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Aunt Grace!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com